• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ktewari

15 Juli 2022
Thought we could use something like this here. :D See if we can get some more people posting.

We're a nice friendly bunch, if at times silly and random, but it's fun. :D We don't bite, as long as you don't ask us how to get to Wacken from Hamburg. :D

So for whoever just joined... including older people, if you want... feel free to tell us about yourself. Just stuff like age, where you're from, male/female, favorite bands/subgenres, how many times you've been to Wacken, and whatever else you want to say.

And also I'll invite you people to the Wacken hot tub thread, which is the semi official chat/spam/post-whatever-you-want thread. :D
Thanks for this thread! My name is Krish - I'm a 57.5 year old metal-head! First rock band I was into was Kiss and saw them when I was 12 in 1976. First hard rock/metal album was AC/DC's Back in Black (1980) and from there I discovered Zeppelin, Rush, Ozzy solo, Sabbath with Ozzy, Sabbath with Bio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Accept, Saxon, and Scorpions. I'm coming to Wacken for the 1st time and am looking forward to Avantasia and Judas Priest. I've never been to WACKEN and this is a dream come true. Can someone give me advice regarding what hotels I should stay in? I won't be camping and was thinking of staying in Hamburg and traveling by coach each day. Is that reasonable? Any advice you can go e me would be great!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thanks for this thread! My name is Krish - I'm a 57.5 year old metal-head! First rock band I was into was Kiss and saw them when I was 12 in 1976. First hard rock/metal album was AC/DC's Back in Black (1980) and from there I discovered Zeppelin, Rush, Ozzy solo, Sabbath with Ozzy, Sabbath with Bio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Accept, Saxon, and Scorpions. I'm coming to Wacken for the 1st time and am looking forward to Avantasia and Judas Priest. I've never been to WACKEN and this is a dream come true. Can someone give me advice regarding what hotels I should stay in? I won't be camping and was thinking of staying in Hamburg and traveling by coach each day. Is that reasonable? Any advice you can go e me would be great!
Er, really? From Hamburg to Wacken every day??

Spare yourself the hazard!

Try to find something in Itzehoe or surrounding area. With traffic to Wacken, you'll risk being in a bus 2hrs or more a day!!!

And I reckon there are no coaches to and from Hamburg to Wacken v.v.! That'd be a train with a shuttle from Itzehoe.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004

For all travel information.
Including the information on the 9€ Ticket from Deutsche Bahn. (At the end)

ktewari

15 Juli 2022
Er, really? From Hamburg to Wacken every day??

Spare yourself the hazard!

Try to find something in Itzehoe or surrounding area. With traffic to Wacken, you'll risk being in a bus 2hrs or more a day!!!

And I reckon there are no coaches to and from Hamburg to Wacken v.v.! That'd be a train with a shuttle from Itzehoe.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will look for accommodation in Itzehoe. Much appreciated.

smf4ever

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
WOA is (to me) more about the people and the community. Most of the WOA experience is "living there" for that short amount of time.

personal opinion...how ever each individual wishes to roll.. than roll.

Crabzilla

14 Juni 2022
Question, does anyone have an idea of what t shirt's will cost this year? Trying to get an estimate so I know how much to load on my wristband for cashless payment

Klausi

W:O:A Metalmaster
17 Sep. 2019
Hamburg
Reaktionen: Crabzilla

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Question, does anyone have an idea of what t shirt's will cost this year? Trying to get an estimate so I know how much to load on my wristband for cashless payment

Round about that price maybe? 25€..
Can we stick to Newbie introductions here?

For questions about the festival, use "Questions about the festival"! in the upper section.

mikyman636

8 Feb. 2023
Hello everyone,
I'm 34, a colombian living in the Netherlands, going to the holy grounds for the very first time, I'm going on a bus tour, looking forward to meeting a lot of people. I mostly listen to deathcore but I'm open to other genres of course. Cheers

Reaktionen: agresionpower